So you want to write for Smart Language Learner? Great!
Guest posting is a good way to showcase yourself or your project.
But, and it’s a big but (with a single T ;-), it must be beneficial for both parties.
In this day and age of uncle Google, guest posts almost have to be of even higher quality than articles written by the home blogger himself (or herself).
In the past, I’ve made the mistake myself:
I published some guest posts on the blog that I wouldn’t publish today. Some of them just weren’t good enough.
From now on, I’ll only publish high quality guest posts that are great additions to my blog.
Here are my requirements:
- Topics: anything about language learning. I’m especially looking for posts about specific languages. Travel posts related to language learning may also work.
- Your post must be at least 1800 words long. Longer is even better. But…without filler words or paragraphs. What can be perfectly explained in 200 words shouldn’t be spread out over 1000 words. You must write lean. If you can’t get to 1800 words writing lean, let me know and we’ll talk. In the end, quality is more important than quantity.
- The post must be in-depth, unique and of high quality.
- What do I mean by high quality? The post must be the very best for its topic online.
- The post must be free of spelling and grammar errors.
- The post must at least have a featured image and one more image (or screenshot(s) if relevant) related to the topic.
- You can include one in-content do-follow link to your site.
- Please do NOT include affiliate links. I may include my own affiliate links though.
- Check out some posts on SmartLanguageLearner.com pay attention to how the posts are formatted. Try to format your post similarly.
- I reserve the right to refuse your article submission or request revisions.
- Copyright: when your post gets published copyright of the post gets transferred to SmartLanguageLearner.com. The reason is that I want to keep content on the blog updated and relevant. If I decide that your post needs updating I’ll first try to contact you about it and ask you to update it. If you can’t or won’t, or I can’t reach you because you changed your email address and didn’t let me know, I’ll do it myself.
- Once we’ve decided on a topic and title for the post, first send me an outline before you start writing the actual thing. This will give me a better idea of what you’re going to include in the post.
- Deliver the post to me in .Docx format but don’t include images. Send images through email as an attachment. Also let me know where you got the images from. You must have permission to use them on SmartLanguageLearner.com.
So if you can comply with my requirements, please send me an email to noel[at]smartlanguagelearner.com to get things moving. Please include 3 topic suggestions for your post.